PTE Academic Most Frequent Essay List.
PTE (Pearson Test of English) Most Frequent Essay List
1) It is more important for students to study history and literature than it is for them to study another political figure, science and mathematics. Do you agree or disagree with the statement? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
2) People attend colleges or universities for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, and increased knowledge). Why do you think people attend colleges or universities?
3) A country becomes more interesting and develops more quickly when its population includes a mixture of nationalities. To What extent do you agree or disagree?
4) What are the benefits of living in big cities as opposed to rural areas? What are the problems of rural areas and how they can be solved?
5) Some people believe that academic subjects such as chemistry, physics and history should be taught in schools, while others believe that students will derive more benefits from studying practical subjects, such as motor mechanics and cooking. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
6) Recently the freedom to work and live anywhere has become the main trend due to the development of communication technology and transportation. Do the advantages of these developments outweigh the disadvantages? Discuss.
7) Certain kinds of music promote learning in people’s life. Do you agree or disagree?
8) Medical Technology is responsible for the human’s life expectancy. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
9) More information is available online, so library’s books are useless. OR
As EBooks are available online these days, the value of printed books has diminished. Do you agree or disagree?
10) What are the advantages and disadvantages of studying the plays and theatrical arts which were written centuries ago? OR
Do you think the school should have curriculum asking students to play old drama and work for theatre which were written centuries ago?
11) Should government build more roads to allow more vehicle owners or improve the network of public transport?
12) Government should reduce their investment in arts, music and paintings. Agree or disagree?
13) Study needs time, peace and comfort, whereas employment needs the same thing. Someone says it is impossible to combine these two because one distracts the other. Do you think this is realistic in our life today?
14) Personal development is the base for professional development and advancing in one’s career. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
15) Some people think that exercise is the key to health while others feel that having a balanced diet is more important. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
16) As urban population is growing, city roads are busy and public areas such as parking are packed. People feel that city space is overcrowding. What solutions can you think of for this problem?
17) Does the personality describe the person? To What extent do you agree or disagree?
18) Earlier working from home was discouraged. Nowadays many organizations are encouraging telecommuting. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages. Support your opinions with examples?
19) Research indicates that characteristics we are born with have more influence on our personality and development than any experience we may have in our life. Which do you consider to be the major influence?
20) Younger employees have more skills, knowledge and are more motivated than older employees. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Support your argument with your own experience.
21) In today’s world, different government and international organizations are confronting many problems. The world’s government and organizations are facing a lot of issues. Which do you think is the most pressing problem for the inhabitants on our planet and give solutions?
22) How to control the rapid growing population in the cities and the necessary measures to be taken to control it.
Overpopulation of urban areas has led to numerous problems.
Identify one or two serious ones and suggest ways that governments and individuals can tackle these problems.
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowledge.
23) Do you think consumers should avoid over packaged products or is it the responsibility of producers?
24) Technology allows us to have a useful and interesting life than in the past. Do you agree or disagree?
25) Universities should penalize students for late submission of their work.
The university will deduct the student’s score for late assignment. Opinion and solution
26) ‘The ability to communicate in more than one language will be less important in the future, than it is now’ Do you Agree or disagree with this statement? Provide Support for your opinion.
27) As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for the teachers in the classroom.
28) Parents should be held legally responsible for children’s acts. What is your opinion? Support it with personal examples.
29) What is your idea about lazy journalism that is commonplace in the digitalized world?
30) As a result of globalization, it is impossible to succeed if you cannot speak at least one foreign language. Do you think that everyone must learn at least one foreign language?
31) Whether studying films at school is as important as studying literature?
32) Whether the design of building will have a positive or negative impact on the people’s life and work?
33) Some people believe laws change human behaviour. Do you agree with it?
34) The belching and unauthorized behavior is unacceptable in modern offices. How far you support this view? Give your response with justification.
35) What are the advantages and disadvantages of living in an era in which new things are constantly invented?
36) In a cashless society, people use more credit cards. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this phenomenon?
37) Whether experimental learning (learning by doing) can work well in formal education. Agree/Disagree?
Experience is a more effective way to teach as compared to books? Agree/Disagree?
38) How widely do you think the problem spreads that people spend too much time on work than their personal life and experience time shortage? What problems will it cause?
39) Education is important as it teaches ethics and life values as well as practical things for future employment. What’s your opinion?
40) Cultural Shock is a new worrying concern for few immigrants. What are the few possible options to eradicate this?
41) Improvements in health, education and trade are essential for the development of poorer nations. However, the governments of richer nations should take more responsibility for helping the poorer nations in such areas.
42) Polygamy has led to massive divorce rate around the globe. Give possible solutions for various situations to reduce the issues
43) “Value added by travel in Education”. Is travel a necessary component of education or not? Will scholar sitting at home have more knowledge than one who travels?
44) Xenophobia has accelerated rapidly in the western countries. According to you what solutions can be proposed by government and individuals?
45) Right amount of motivation and practice can teach one better than the training given to him in classrooms by teachers.
46) Computer and online gaming should be banned for students at school as they have no educational value.
47) The only effective way to deal with unemployment is to introduce rapid urbanization. How far do you agree?
48) The belching and unauthorized behavior is unacceptable in modern offices. How far you support this view? Give your response with justification.
49) In town and cities, the large shopping mall should replace the small local shop. Do you agree or disagree?
50) In developing countries, tourism has disadvantages and advantages. Discuss.
In under developed countries, tourism has disadvantages and can be said the opposite as well. Discuss
51) Parents should be held legally responsible for their children’s act. What is your opinion?
52) Sports and games creates disturbance in student’s life because students cannot concentrate on their studies. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
53) The food travels thousands of miles from farm to consumer. Some people think it would be better to our environment and economy if people only ate local produced food. To what extent do the advantages outweigh disadvantages?
54) Some people think women should be given equal chances to work and excel in their careers. Others believe that a woman’s role should be limited to taking care of the house and children. Which opinion do you agree with and why? Include specific details and examples to support your choice.
55) Some people think that keeping pets is good for children while others think it is dangerous and unhealthy. Which opinion do you agree with? Discuss both options and give examples.
56) World history suggests that violence and conflict were more evident under male leadership than under female leadership. So, for peace to prevail, female leadership can be considered as a better option than male leadership.
57) In some countries, the number of shootings increases because many people have guns at home. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
58) Some people think that it is important to use leisure time for activities that develop the mind, such as reading and doing crossword puzzles. Others feel that it is important to give one’s mind a rest in leisure time. Discuss.
59) Some people think that schools should select students according to their academic abilities, while others believe that it is better to have students with different abilities studying together. Discuss both views and state your own opinion.
60) Some people say that computers have made life easier and more convenient. Other people say that computers have made life more complex and stressful. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
61) The newspaper is no longer a need in the modern society “. What is your opinion?
62) Communication has changed significantly in the last 10 years. Discuss the positive and negative impacts of this change.
63) People pursue dangerous activities like skydiving, motorcycle sports, white-water river rafting etc. Do you support? If yes why and if not why?
64) Nowadays TV has become an essential part of life. Medium to spread news & awareness and for some, it acts as a companion. What is your opinion about this?
65) Everyone should stay in school and complete their education until they attain the age of 18. Do you agree or disagree? Support your answer citing valid arguments.
66) It is argued that getting married before finishing school or getting a job is not a good choice. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
67) “The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn”. Agree or Disagree?”
68) The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education- Einstein. What does he mean by that? And do you think he is correct?
69) Some people think foreign visitors should be charged more than local people when they visit the cultural and historical attractions in a country. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
70) As people become increasingly more dependent on motor cars, the public transport systems tend to run down. This has serious consequences for both existing community and new communities, which are spreading farther and farther from town centers. Express your opinion, and support the same with reasons and examples.
71) Some people prefer to play team sports, while other prefer to play individual sports. Discuss the advantages of each. Then indicate which you prefer and why?
72) In many countries, good schools and medical facilities are available only in cities. Some people think new teachers and doctors should work in rural areas for a few years, but others think everyone should be free to choose where they work. Discuss and give your own opinion.
73) Some people think past history has nothing or little to tell us, but others think that studying the past history can help us better understand the present. Please discuss the two views and give your own opinion.
74) The Top level Authorities of the Company should take employees suggestions or ideas to take any decisions or should not. Discuss
75) Air travel can only benefit the richest people in the world. Ordinary people can get no advantage with the development of air travel. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
76) Some people think it is not necessary for adults to receive education in class. Self-study is a good way for them to study more effectively. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
77) Marketing strategy for big companies should be placed on offer and discounts, and in what ways this can impact on their reputation.
78) More and more wild animals are on the verge of extinction and others are on the endangered list. What are the reasons for this? What can be done to solve this problem?
79) Employees should be made a part of the decision – making process along with the company’s top authorities. Discuss.
80) The present youth is very interested in imitating celebrities and sports stars. According to your opinion, is this good or bad?
81) International trade and exchange have seen a massive increase in terms of production and transportation over long distances. Do the advantages of such a system outshine its demerits?
82) Technology and mobile phones have proved to be immensely helpful for older adults. What are your views on it?
83) People can perform everyday tasks, such as shopping and banking as well as business transactions, without meeting other people face-to-face because of technology. What are the effects of this on individual and society as a whole?
84) With the increase in the use of mobile phones and computers, fewer people are writing letters. Some people think that the traditional skill of writing letters will disappear completely. To what extent do you agree or disagree? How important do you think is letter-writing?
85) Some people think imported food exerts positive impacts on our lives. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
86) There are social, medical and technical problems associated with the use of mobile phones. What forms do they take? Do you agree that the problems outweigh the benefits of mobile phones?
87) What are mass communications? What are the means of mass communication means or What are the advantages and disadvantages of it?
88) “In a war of ideas, it is people who get killed’: Does a common man suffer from a group’s ideology? Express your opinion, and support the same with reasons and examples.
89) .Do you think the place where a person grew up helps him/her in accomplishing goals in life? Do you agree or disagree?
90) Working and living abroad helps us to know other cultures well. How far you think working abroad has good or bad impacts on our cultural lives?
91) Technology is seen to have affected many relationships, both positively and negatively. What is your opinion on this?
92) Is learning a new language at an infantile stage advantageous or disadvantageous?
93) In many countries, children are engaged in different kinds of paid work. Some people regard this as completely wrong, while others consider it a valuable work experience, important for learning and taking responsibility. What is your opinion?
94) Stress is now a major problem in many countries around the world. What are some of the factors in modern society that cause this stress, and how can we reduce it?
95) In the last century when a human astronaut first arrived on the Moon he said: “Space exploration is a big step for mankind”. But some people think it makes little difference to our daily life. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
96) The information revolution has changed the ways of mass communication and had some negative and positive effects on individuals’ lives as well as on society. To what extent you are agreed or disagree? or Communication has changed significantly in the last ten years?
97) Some developing countries invite large multinational companies to open offices and factories in order to help their economy.
98) Trying to save endangered species from extinction is waste of valuable resources. Do you agree or disagree?
99) In some countries, the number of shooting massacres is on the rise because many people have guns at home, to what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
100) Many parents these days work in other countries, taking their families with them, Do you think advantages of the development outweigh its disadvantages?
101) Children’s education is expensive. In some countries, the government pays some of or all of the cost. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
102) Many people think that regions affect successful person. What is your opinion about native region and accomplished person’s influence on the region he belongs to?
103) Some people think that human needs for farmland, housing, and industry are more important than saving land for endangered animals. Do you agree or disagree with this point of view? Why or why not? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
104) Fresh water resources diminish in large cities in the world each year. What are the causes of this crucial problem? What are the solutions?
105) Even though globalization affects the world’s economies in a very positive way, its negative side should not be forgotten. Discuss.
106) In many countries, children are engaged in different kinds of paid work. Some people regard this as completely wrong, while others consider it a valuable work experience, important for learning and taking responsibility. What is your opinion?
108) In some parts of the world, it’s becoming increasingly popular to try to find out the history of their own family. Do you think it’s a positive or negative development?
109) 18. Some people think that schools should select students according to their academic abilities, while others believe that it is better to have students with different abilities studying together, Discuss both views and state your own opinion.
110) Throughout the history, people dream to build a perfect society while they haven’t agreed how the ideal society would be like. What is the most important element you think to make a perfect society? How do people do to achieving an ideal society?
111) Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples.
112) In many parts of the world today there is a profitable market for products which lighten or whiten people’s skin. Outline the reasons for using such products and discuss what effects they have in terms of health and society.
113) Some people think job satisfaction is more important than job security. But others believe that people cannot always enjoy their jobs and having a permanent job is more important. Discuss both views and give your opinion?
114) It is better for children to choose jobs that are similar to their parents jobs than to choose jobs that are very different from their parent’s job.
115) 6. Some people think that success is the best measure of intelligence, while others think that intelligence can be measured in other ways. What is your opinion?
116) Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
117) When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
118) Blood sports have become a hot topic for debate in recent years. As society develops it is increasingly seen as an uncivilized activity and cruel to the helpless animals that are killed. All blood sports should be banned. Discuss the main arguments for this statement and give your own opinion.
119). Logging of the rain forests is a serious problem and it may lead to the extinction of animal life and human life. Discuss.
120). Genetic engineering is an important issue in modern society. Some people think that it will improve people’s lives in many ways. Others feel that it may be a threat to life on earth. Discuss both opinions and give your opinion?
121) Some working parents think that child care centers provide the best care for children who are still too young to go to school. Other working parents think that family members such as grandparents will be better carers for their children. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
122) Everyone should adopt a vegetarian diet because eating meat can cause serious health problems. What is your opinion? Should we all become vegetarians. Write an argumentative essay on vegetarianism vs meat eating.
123) Will modern technology such as the internet ever replace book or the written words as the main source of information?
124) In some countries the average worker is obliged to retire at the age of 50, while in others is obliged to retire until they are 65 or 70. Until what age do you think people should be encouraged to remain in paid employment?
125) Should developing countries concentrate on improving industrial skills or should they promote education first? What is your opinion?
126) Some people believe that children should never be educated at home by their parents. What is your opinion?